If you have noticed signs of aging are making you look older than you feel, you’re not alone. Although each of us ages differently, eventually we all experience telltale signs of aging, such as wrinkles and frown lines. If you feel your skin is giving away your age, or worse, making you appear older, there are treatments to help reverse the signs of aging. At Skin6, we offer Botox® and Dysport® injectable cosmetic treatments to help overcome common age woes. They offer the ideal solution to provide a more youthful appearance so you can live your best life.
What Are Injectable Cosmetic Treatments?
Injectables are dermal fillers used to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. They are injected beneath the skin as gel-like substances to add plumpness or neurotoxins in the case of Botox® and Dysport® to reduce the appearance of deep frown lines and fine wrinkles. Injectables are virtually painless treatments that are minimally invasive. Our Botox® and Dysport® injectable treatments offer stunning results that appear natural.
Are Injectable Cosmetic Treatments Safe?
Yes, injectable cosmetic treatments are safe. However, it is essential to have your treatments performed by certified industry professionals. At Skin6 we ensure the correct dose is used and side effects caused by incorrectly applied injections are avoided. Our team of caring, experienced certified professionals provide injectable cosmetic treatments in a soothing, highly hygienic setting. We also discuss your treatment before we book your appointment to ensure you are not likely to suffer from adverse reactions due to allergies or existing medical or skin conditions.
Do Injectable Cosmetic Treatments Hurt?
We numb the area before your treatment begins to reduce the slight prick and stinging sensation caused by the needles. We ensure every precaution is taken to keep you comfortable during your treatment.
How Long Do Injectable Cosmetic Treatments Take?
Your treatment will usually last up to 30 minutes, depending on the areas you are treating.
Can Injectable Cosmetic Treatments Be Used for Anti-Aging?
Yes, recent studies have shown Botox can assist with the following:
Preventing Collagen Loss: As we age, our bodies produce less and less collagen. Because this begins as early as 30, starting BOTOX® treatments before wrinkles appear can help you maintain healthier collagen production and a more youthful appearance naturally.
- Slowing the Skin Aging Process: BOTOX® blocks nerve signals that cause the skin to contract. Because the injections reduce ongoing contractions that relax and tense the face, causing wrinkles, preventive injections work to slow the skin aging process. When you stop the contractions, your skin remains wrinkle-free for years to come. In addition, if you already have fine lines and wrinkles, maintenance injections keep the muscles relaxed, to avoid deeper wrinkles from forming.
What Are the Benefits of Injectable Treatments?
Injectable treatments are an excellent anti-aging treatment with many benefits, including:
- Short appointments taking less than 30 minutes
- Non-surgical procedure with minimal side-effects
- Zero downtime following treatment
- Noticeable, long-lasting results
- More cost-effective than surgery
We can assess your skin and recommend the best treatment to achieve your desired look.
What Is Botox®?
Botox® is the most well-known injectable beauty treatment, considered a trailblazer in the beauty industry. The injections contain a safe and approved neurotoxin that relaxes your facial muscles to smooth out wrinkles. As you age, the constant actions of smiling, frowning, talking, and even smoking lead to wrinkles. Botox® is commonly used to target frown lines between the eyes, as well as furrows that appear on the forehead. Because it is so effective, many people also target smile lines around the chin and lips and crows’ feet around the eyes.
How Long Does It Take for Wrinkles to Disappear?
It can take up to a week for wrinkles to disappear following your treatment. However, results will slowly improve each day until you see the desired smoothness.
How Long Does Botox® Last?
Botox® injections last at least three to four months, with some patients seeing it wear off sooner and others enjoying the effects for up to six months. The first treatment tends to last for a shorter period, with alternate treatments lasting longer.
What Is Dysport®?
Dysport® is similar to Botox®, offering long-lasting results to address common signs of aging. However, Dysport® does not have the same paralyzing effect as Botox®, so it does not affect how the rest of your face moves. Additionally, Dysport® is only recommended to reduce the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows.
How Long Does Dysport® Treatment Last?
On average, Dysport® lasts up to five months. However, like Botox®, results vary from person to person.
How Long Does it Take for Wrinkles to Disappear?
It takes about two to three days for wrinkles to disappear, with results improving each day.
What are the Main Differences Between Botox® and Dysport®?
Despite their similarities, there are a few differences between Dysport® and Botox®:
- Target Areas: Dysport® primarily targets frown lines between your eyebrows, while Botox® is used for crow’s feet, forehead wrinkles, and laugh lines.
- The Severity of Wrinkles: Botox® is best for mild to moderate wrinkles, while Dysport® is best for moderate to severe wrinkles.
- Results Timing: Many people find Dysport®’s results are noticeable sooner in two to three days, compared to Botox®, which can take about a week.
- Price: Dysport® requires less of the injectable than Botox®, which means it is often slightly more affordable.
- Lasting Effects: While Botox® can last up to six months, the average time is three to four months. Dysport®’s average is five months, which can prove better for some.
Although the differences are slim, if you have moderate to severe frown lines, Dysport® is your best choice. However, for minor to severe frown lines, crow’s feet, and laugh lines, Botox® is best.
Before deciding on any cosmetic treatment, we recommend meeting with our team for a free consultation. We will assess your skin, discuss available treatments and help you choose the treatment that will see the most noticeable results for a more youthful appearance.