We live in an era where better beauty is fast, affordable, and readily accessible.
Whether you are looking to subtly enhance your natural beauty, reduce the signs of ageing, or drastically change your appearance, we’ve got you covered with the highest quality, best lip fillers and cosmetic lip injections in Toronto.
What are Lip Fillers?
Lip Fillers, or lip injections, are one of the most common procedures when it comes to dermal fillers. They can reduce the signs of ageing or add luscious volume. While there are a variety of name-brand fillers, the household names have become Juvederm®, Perlane®, and Restylane®.
These Lip fillers are comprised of a manufactured (synthetic) form of hyaluronic acid (HA), which is a substance that already exists in your body. HA functions to keep joints working smoothly, the tissues hydrated, and skin flexible. When used in the lips, the lips become smoother, more supple, and more sizable.
Benefits of Lip Fillers
As we age, our lips naturally lose volume and appear thinner, less full, wrinkled, saggy, and even asymmetrical. This is due to the role of genetics, exposure to the sun, and habitual cigarette smoking. Lip fillers can reverse the damage and plump up the volume of your lips.
Our lip fillers can really make you smile, as the list of benefits includes:
Get ready to love the new you staring back in the mirror as lip injections help improve facial features by:
- Increasing lip size: Reverse the thin-lipped look and instead opt for a perfect pout.
- Increasing lip volume: Restore the volume lost over time in your lips, or plump it up to a whole new level.
- Balance lip symmetry: Correct misshapen or balance asymmetrical lips with lip filler for a more even-looking great grin.
- Smooth fine lines and wrinkles: Say goodbye to age-related fine lines and wrinkles, and hello to a hydrated, smooth and supple smile.
- Boost self-confidence: Shed the poor self-esteem related to pursed lips– with lip fillers Toronto, you can get back your social game where you’ll be ready to pucker up and pose for the crowd, conversation, and camera.
Fast Recovery Time
Lip injections are a non-surgical and minimally invasive treatment that falls under the “lunchtime procedure” umbrella, as they can be completed quickly and with virtually no downtime.
If you are looking for a rapid way to primp for a night out, prep for a vacation, or improve your look for a headshot, lip fillers will take less than an hour of your time.
It’s important to remember that not all dermal and lip fillers need to render a dramatic look. If you are looking for a subtle way to enhance your natural beauty and reverse some damage, lip fillers can do the trick.
While topical lip plumper only lasts a night, our lip fillers can last 12-18 months. Though results vary, depending on age and lifestyle, your lip injections should stay plump for the calendar year.
During Your Lip Fillers Procedure
When booking any cosmetic procedure at Skin6, we want to make sure it’s the right fit for you. We provide all patients with a custom consultation to confirm suitability and discuss their health history, beauty goals, and expectations.
If you have a particular look you are trying to achieve, we encourage bringing a photo–but keep in mind results will vary as all face shapes and structures are unique.
Once we have established your goals, we will utilize a topical anesthetic to numb the treatment area to render the treatment as painless as possible. Please advise our team of any allergies, including those to routinely used numbing agents like benzocaine, lidocaine or tetracaine.
If allergies exist, speak to us about alternative methods of numbing. The topical agent takes between 15 and 30 minutes to take effect. Then, one of our certified specialists will use a fine needle to inject the filler into various areas of the lips and mouth.
The needle stays quite shallow, only penetrating less than 3 millimetres deep and delivering about 1 millilitre of filler. Typical treatment time ranges from 30-60 minutes.
After the injections are complete, we will monitor you for immediate side effects. We may also apply ice to the area to prevent swelling and bruising. While this procedure is quite common, and serious side effects are rare– it’s important to:
- Trust the Professionals: Only have dermal and lip fillers injected by a trained professional at a reputed clinic.
- Know the typical side effects: sensitivity, redness, pain, swelling, and bruising in and around the treatment site. Also, cold sores can be reactivated so it can be prudent to ask your doctor for an antiviral agent before treatment. Serious side effects to watch include infection and tissue death.
- Manage expectations and follow healing tips suggested by your provider that may include: refrain from exercise and use of lip products for 24 hours post-treatment, stay hydrated but avoid the use of straws and avoid touching the area until healed (up to a week). While healing, continue the use of ice to reduce pain and swelling.
How You Can Prepare for Lip Injections
While your role in the active procedure is minor, the steps you take to prepare for your lip fillers are essential to ensure the success of your injections. Some helpful tips to make sure you are best prepared include:
- Avoid dental procedures in the two weeks leading up to and following lip fillers.
- Avoid vaccinations in the two weeks leading up to and following lip fillers.
- Avoid the use of alcohol, green tea, Omega 3 supplements*, vitamin E, blood thinners and pain relievers where possible one week prior to the treatment date. If needed, Tylenol is the advised recommendation.
- Two days prior to treatment, cease the use of anti-ageing skincare products that contain retinoids and glycolic acid.
- Two days prior to treatment, avoid hair removal in the area as it can increase sensitivity (speak to us about increased sensitivity and if you are prone to bruising for some helpful tips.)
- Come prepared with a list of allergens so we can double-check all ingredients used to prevent a chance of reaction.
- Come prepared with a medication, vitamin, and supplement list.
- Be prepared to share your medical history, including the history of herpes simplex-1 (Cold sores) in case we need to provide an antiviral prior to treatment.
- Alert us if there is a chance of pregnancy or if you are currently pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Arrive fresh-faced, make-up free and ready to go.
For more information on the best lip fillers and lip injections in Toronto, contact us at 647-360-8266 or visit us online for a comprehensive list of our services.
Lip fillers are one of the most popular types of dermal filler. They increase the volume of your lips.